Business Planning for 2023 - Part 2
Oct 13, 2022
The second step of the plan is to project where you want to be in 2023! The destination is target, this plan is going to be focused on how you go from where you are to where you want to go; the destination is what happens if it all goes according to the plan!
In order to do it, we must define it! Success isn’t the same for everyone. You have choices on what to do, how to do it, and whom to do it with! Results matter! The key questions for the DESTINATION STAGE are:
- What do the numbers look like?
- Is it dollar volume or is it deals?
- In either case, what are those numbers?
- Was my conversion rate (opportunity to closing) something I am happy with? If you don’t know it, you need to begin tracking it!
- Where are the opportunities coming from? Once again, if you aren’t tracking, you are just guessing!
- What is the pull through rates from each source of business?
- Who are the referral partners sending these opportunities, and what is each partner’s conversion rate?
- What is the balance of my business? Using the “Referral Triangle” what are the conversion rates from each side of the triangle and what is the total percentage of closed business from those sides?
- Who or what results were surprising to you? Was it a good surprise, or a bad one?
- What are the tools and systems I want to master for 2023?
- What are my social media outlets and how much will they grow?
- Are all the systems and associations working for you as well as you thought they would?
- What would make 2023 the best year if you could just make it so?
“If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always gotten. If you aren’t happy with what you are getting, stop doing what you are doing!
Questions or comments: [email protected]