Five Things You Can Do NOW!
Mar 26, 2020
As mortgage professionals, we are used to change and adapting. Clearly those skills come in pretty handy right about now and are an important asset for our family, friends, and in our professional lives. With that in mind, I wanted to share the five things I am talking to my clients about this week to help them work through the current situation so we can remain positive and productive during these trying times.
- Make sure your family, friends, neighbors, and co-workers are safe and sound! Just like when on a plane, “Put your oxygen mask on first before helping others!”
- Keep informed through official channels and be certain not to share political opinions, but clear specific information. Good time to record your FAQs and product and program tutorials for your YouTube channel; work on video coupons with local providers who are still open for business!
- Spend some of your prospecting time calling your database and referral partners just to check in and see how they are doing. Get clear on their specific needs and fears and be empathetic to the situation and help provide useful assistance, even if that is just listening!
- Connect with your Realtor referral partners and share a solid connection strategy. You are still open for business and closing loans. Realtors should be connecting with their databases and talking about preparing for the spring market by preparing houses for listing NOW so they are ready to roll when we are back at it. And we WILL be back at it!
- Last but not least, get your CE out of the way for 2020. Managers, talk to your local trainers or instructors about doing online or training webinars to get the CE obligations met while we have some time at home to get this out of the way! You will welcome the free time in the fourth quarter, trust me!
I have shared many different strategies with you here and have more on the website. I am working hard to be available for managers to do group calls and trainings to help keep as much momentum as possible going forward. Many originators and companies are already calling for 45 to 60 day contract to get loans done. You MUST be the professional that is still in contact with your people and still closing purchase deals in 30 days or less!
Failure is NOT an option! If you need help, [email protected]